This guide about what to do in Kansas City for couples will help you explore all of the amazing activities that KC has to offer. Whether you are looking for a fun day out or an unforgettable evening, we have got you covered. So put on your best pair of shoes and get ready to fall in love again with Kansas City!
There are many points of interest in the city, but we’ll start with some of the unique ones first.
Unique things to do
If you’re looking for some unique things to do in Kansas City with your significant other, look no further! The city has plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Here are just a few ideas.
- Ride in a Chopper Together – with the Helicopter Ride Experience, you can enjoy riding in a helicopter ride hovering over the city’s landmarks and attractions. For example, the Couples Helicopter Ride gives you and your partner the chance to enjoy the views from above!
- Enjoy a Massage Together – with the Massage Therapy Experience, you both can enjoy a Couples Massage at a local spa.
- Relax at Local B&B Rentals – the Short Term Rental Experience will provide you with access to a local b&b (bed and breakfast) at peaceful locations around the city!
That’s just a taste, now let’s cover the specific types of things to do for your date in Kansas City. There are several bonding activities for couples available in the city.
KC Date Ideas
The city has plenty of activities to keep you entertained. With plenty of enjoyable things to do for adults in the City, we’ll start with the date ideas. You’ll find out that there are plenty of make out spots in Kansas City to get you started.
☑ Find Make out Spots ☑ Make dinner reservations
So you covered the reservations for the local restaurant you’ll be attending later in the day, but what do you plan to do before then? Let’s move on to the date ideas during the day.
If you’re looking for fun daytime activities to do with your partner in Kansas City, we’ve got a list of the best ideas to get you started. From exploring the city’s art scene to enjoying its outdoor recreation, there’s something for everyone here. So grab your partner and get out there!
Here are some of our favorite daytime date ideas in Kansas City:
- Take a walk or bike ride together through one of Kansas City’s many parks, such as Loose Park or Minor Park.
- Try an escape room to keep your day exciting!
- Crown Center is a great place to explore with your date. With its many shops, restaurants, and attractions, there’s something for everyone here.
- Spend a day exploring Kansas City’s historic West Bottoms district.
- Downtown Kansas City is the perfect place to people watch and do some window shopping.
- Local Tours – Check out some of Tour Packages in Kansas City or stop by Union Station or the National World War I Museum and Memorial for self guided tours. For a more unique experience, take a tour of the Boulevard Brewing Company.
- The Country Club Plaza is a great place to window shop, people watch, and grab a bite to eat. While you’re there, take a gondola ride with your partner which provides excellent views of The Plaza.
- Museums – Visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art together. The museum is home to an impressive collection of art from around the world. Or for something a little different, check out the Arabia Steamboat Museum.
No matter what you choose to do, Kansas City is sure to provide you with a fun and memorable experience. So get out there and explore all that the city has to offer!
Unique date night ideas
Kansas City has no shortage of great places to eat, drink, and be merry. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a night out on the town, there are plenty of options.
Here are some unique date night ideas Kansas City has to offer:
- Steak for Two – with the local steak packages for couples, you can order your choice of steak plus sides for a fantastic romantic outing that will be remembered.
- Rooftop bars provide you with excellent date night ideas and the best part is that there are several spots to choose. Checkout The Well when you’re in Waldo or John’s Big Deck if you’re downtown.
- Green Lady Lounge provides you with a great alternative after a night of partying. Here you can enjoy a more romantic evening with dimmed lighting and live jazz music to complete your night in Kansas City.
With all of the local nightspots throughout the City of Fountains, there are many late night things to do so you’re sure to find something right for you two. Along with small groups celebrating their date of birth in the city, there’s plenty of space for you two to join the party in your own way.
Kansas City is known for its Midwestern hospitality. But there’s more to the city than meets the eye. There are so many ideas for courting around the metropolitan. Date ideas don’t have curfews in Kansas City. With all of the fun evening things to experience, hopefully these ideas in Kansas City will get you moving in the right direction with your planning.
Romantic spots in KC
There are plenty of charming spots in the city that are perfect for couples. You can also take a look at the romance packages in the marketplace to find suitable seasonal packages for your date. Romantic things could include walk around the rose garden at Loose Park or going to a great place for a romantic night out for the perfect date.
Kansas City is the perfect destination for romance and relaxation. With plenty of attractions and activities to enjoy, you’ll never run out of things to do. Whether it is day trips to the suburbs or unique local places to stay overnight in the city, you have access to fun and romantic getaway options.
Honeymoon things to do
Most newlyweds are eager to start their new lives together by exploring all that their new city has to offer. But after the initial excitement of the honeymoon fades, they may find themselves at a loss for what to do next. Honeymoon suites are available along with other premium services with local honeymoon packages.
No one ever wants to think about things going wrong on their big day, but the fact is that something can always go wrong. That’s why it’s important to have backup plans in place for every aspect of your date. With the unpredictable weather in the Midwest, you need to be prepared for anything.
There are plenty of great indoor activities to do in Kansas City with your partner to choose from. Whether you want to explore the city’s history, check out its arts and culture scene, or just relax and enjoy a day out together, there’s something for everyone.
- Try go karting to blow off some steam and race around an indoor track
- There are many local arcades in the area providing both traditional arcade games and VR (virtual reality) experiences to try out
- Enjoy a private sauna and soaking tub experience located in nearby Lawrence, KS
See, the weather can’t ruin your plans and now you have some great backup options indoors.
There are also plenty of great outdoor activities to choose from. There’s something for everyone.
- Visit some of the local hiking trails, and spend a day at one of the city’s fun parks
- During the Summer and Fall months, there are several local festivals to attend with live music, food trucks and plenty of carnival rides
- If you’re looking for something more adventurous, you might light the big cat sanctuary, racing exotic cars or maybe having a picnic with alpacas with your date.
The options are endless. There’s so many things to do outdoors when it’s nice that you’ll never run out of fun things to do.
There are plenty of great options for couples, no matter what the occassion may be. From theater and concerts to museums and sporting events, Kansas City has something for everyone.
Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day, and what could be better than spending time with your loved one in Kansas City? There are plenty of things to do in KC for couples, whether you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day Package or just romantic evening out, there are several options to consider. One of the favorites though is the Sweethearts Couple Massage which has become an annual favorite.
If you’re looking for things to do in Kansas City over the Christmas holidays, especially for having a hearty holiday in the City, then you’re in luck. The city has a variety of events planned that are sure to get you into the holiday spirit. In fact, the holiday packages is where many locals start to add experiences to their calendar.
Gifts from Kansas City
If you’re looking for a unique gift to give your loved one, look no further than Kansas City. The city is home to a wealth of artisanal shops and boutiques that offer one-of-a-kind treasures and experiences.
With experience gifts, you can choose any kind of local experience and give the access to the giftee of your choice. Alternatively, people sometimes choose KC gift cards so the giftee can select any kind of experience offered. Whether it’s renting cabins, attending artisan workshops or flying over the city, there are many unique gift options available in KC.
Kansas City is a vibrant city with plenty of activities to keep couples entertained. Whether you are looking for unique things to do, romantic spots, or good old fashioned date ideas, KC has something for everyone.